Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Self-Imposed Intervention

Welcome To My Unity Friends With Flair Post!
My card today ALMOST had October Afternoon Thrift Shop or Fly a Kite, BUT I forced myself to take a break from it as I was getting highly addicted! I kept staring at it, picking it up, touching it, but finally I told myself "STEP AWAY FROM THE OCTOBER AFTERNOON PAPER!" and grudgingly I listened!

I guess it wasn't so hard since I had a fresh new 6x6 pad of Cosmo Cricket Delovely to play with, so that softened the blow a bit!

I used my April Unity Kit of the Month and paper pieced the strawberry, then covered it with Alene's Paper Glaze. The little brown strip is from Bella Blvd and I used my Fiskar's Apron Lace punch for the decorative edge. I also used the pink gingham fabric tape from Love My Tapes (another new addiction-eep!) I had fun with this one and it was good to (temporarily) break my addiction with October Afternoon. Make sure to check out the list of everyone on the hop over at the Unity blog!

And if you would like to purchase some Ippity, click HERE for a big sale!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
xx, Nora Anne

19 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

this is so cute Love that paper need to get some!!!

Jennifer Aviles said...

so cute - your colors are so bright and happy and adorable with the berry!

Kate said...

Great card :0)
Kate x

Suzi said...

Adorable card. Love the layout!!

Katie said...

hahaha That OA is surely addicting. But, you did a great job with the Cosmo papers so no worries. Love the colors! TFS, Katie

Maria said...

SO adorable! LOVE those papers and that strawberry is perfect

Lesley said...

Cute card!

shuggy said...

very cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! S x

Anonymous said...

Cute card! love the papers.

Susan B. said...

Pretty card Nora Ann, love your choice of paper!

Michelle said...

Love this card - Love the paper. I have some,but have yet to use it.

Anne Tussing said...

Berry cute;)

Tanya said...

I know what you mean about using October Afternoon!!! Even without OA, your card is adorable!

Angie Blom said...

very cute card Nora. love the papers.

Andrea Ewen said...

Love it...those colors are great together! Such a cheery card, super fine job, NoraAnne!

Kelly Mahany said...

You are so funny!! That OA paper is so addictive!! But your Cosmo Cricket was a perfect back up plan!! I love those berries!!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Cute card!

JazzyH said...

Very cute!