Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Friends With Flair Blog Hop

I have the hardest time getting a good picture of my layouts no matter the conditions outside-sunny, overcast, etc! And I don't have Photoshop, so please excuse the mediocre photo!

I love the Wishful Thinking line by Fancy Pants, so pretty and feminine. And of course, when I saw the banner paper, I knew I had to cut some out and my niece's 1st birthday was the perfect occasion for this line.

Even though I love the soft, feminine, pastel colors of this paper, I decided to grunge it up a bit with some chalk ink and Walnut ink. I used the birthday cake from Unity's July KOM and some goodies from Elle's Studio to journal on. I added some pleated crepe paper and Prima flowers to the bottom.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to post my vintage sheet music flower tutorial tomorrow if you'd like to check it out.

Have a great weekend.
xx, nora anne

15 comments:

Junie said...

Hi Nora-Ann when you click on photo I can see it just fine !!! Great layout love the crepe paper !! Very much looking forward to your tutorial !!! HUGS

Rachel B said...

The banner is so cool. Fabulous LO!

Tracy said...

Pretty LO! TFS!

Linda said...

That is a super and lovely photo And project. I think it turn out super cute!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a beautiful page, Nora Anne! :)

Unknown said...

Love the depth that you added to the layout with the "grunge" -- good choice. Beautiful layout honoring such a sweet occasion.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very nice!!!

Bonita Rose said...

beautiful layout!

FibreJunky said...

Oh! I think it's perfect!!

Aleks said...

What a sweet layout Nora-Ann! I think that banner and the cake (unity) was just the perfect little finishing touches!
Beautiful niece! :) She must be a little bigger now. ;)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY!! I just love that banner! How cute:) And this LO is FAB! I really need to get in gear and get one done--thanks for inspiring me:) Maybe I will use a banner on mine:) TFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Great layout

Heather said...

Love your layout! Can't wait for the tutorial! I have been wanting to learn that for a while!!

Lori said...

Great layout! Love the way you used the banner on the layout.

farmhouse-story said...

cute baby and page, nora anne!