Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scrapbook Cafe Saturday Night Challenge!




This week the challenge was to make a card or layout using flock. I was excited about this because I bought the Doodlebug Assorted Flock a couple of weeks ago at the Scrapbook Cafe and I hadn't tried it yet, so now was the time! I had some fun with it and will definitely be experimenting more with it! I have recently been visiting Michelle Clement's blog (Pink Paislee designer), she is very talented, I just love her work and her blog is very cool! So, with that said, my card is a lift of a card I saw on her blog. I made a template out of the tree and branches and then cut my owl out of the Sizzix die I picked up last weekend at the SB Cafe, too cute! I am so into the owl/bird trend : ) ! ! ! So fun! I cut the owl apart and flocked the brown and yellow separately...I tried at first keeping it all together but the flock colors got mixed together...icky! I used stickles for the owls beak and on the clouds. The pp is Sassafrass Lass, one of my faves. I am going to send this card to my good friend Nicole, she is awesome and has been so supportive of me during this past year through a really difficult time. What would we do without girlfriends?!?!

Thanks for stopping by : )

4 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

I LOVE this card NoraAnee! Wow, how cute. Love the flocking, I haven't tried it yet.

jlaw said...

Love the card! I don't know what I would do without my dear friends.

Jen D. said...

Oh Nora this is SO cute! Love that you flocked the owl...gives him a nice texture. Don't you just love some of those blogs from the PP DT? Some really fabulous stuff.

Allison said...

Love love your card! And congrats on your win. ;)